It was announced not too long ago that Impact Wrestling will be leaving Pop TV very soon. The show will be moving to the Pursuit Channel on January 11th, .and it sounds like there may be a few changes made to Impact upon its arrival on the network. On the Killing the Town podcast, Don Callis said that fans should expect to see a much different version of Impact in 2019. Callis has been working hard to reestablish Impact over the past few months, and he calls Impact’s move to Pursuit a great move for the promotion. Callis also believes that Impact will become much more “sexier, edgier, maybe a little more hardcore” in the very near future. Callis did not mention how exactly these plans will come to fruition. Before Impact joins Pursuit, the promotion will have its Homecoming pay-per-view on January 6th.
Braun Strowman has been out of action for a little while now due to an elbow injury. “The Monster Among Men” did beat Baron Corbin at TLC earlier this month, but he never actually got physical during the match and instead won with the assistance of fellow Raw Superstars. Strowman appeared on Raw earlier this week, but still did not wrestle. Fortunately, Strowman posted a message on Instagram earlier today stating that he is on the road to recovery right now. Strowman said that he has returned to the gym after not training for eight weeks. Braun Strowman is still being advertised to face Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship at the Royal Rumble on January 27th, but there is no word on whether or not he’ll be back in action before then.
And so it begins!!!! 8 weeks with out training has been killing me. First day back training shoulders. 25lbs at a time. Slow and steady and getting ready to pass these out ???????? #MeatCastle #TheMonsterAmongMen #BraunStrowman #WWE #GetTheseHands #DaddyGotBack #FlexinOnBiatchsAsHardAsICan #IronPhysique #HomeGym #WereMonstersAreMade
A post shared by Adam Scherr (@adamscherr99) on
Fresh off of getting married last week, 205 Live Superstar Akira Tozawa will be headed to the Japan to compete on a Fight Club: Pro show. Tozawa was confirmed for the show a while back, but his opponents have just been announced. On the January 7th show, the former Cruiserweight Champion will team up with Mae Young Classic competitor Meiko Satomura to face CCK (Kid Lykos & Chris Brookes). Fight Club: Pro, which is owned by NXT UK’s Trent Seven, was originally said to be a ‘greenlit’ promotion for NXT UK competitors to schedule bookings with. After British Strong Style pulled out of the January 7th event, fans assumed that this was actually not the case, but Tozawa’s involvement would seem to indicate otherwise.
??PROJECT TOKYO??
Capping off our first event in Japan we have two very special matches.
As well as an open challenge!!!
Be a part of this historic event.
Limited tickets available: https://t.co/WOhYUSDdj9#ProjectTokyo pic.twitter.com/qFAHBDo2cu
— Fight Club: PRO (@Fightclubpro) December 26, 2018